POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Experiment in weathering #1 [~312kB] : Re: Experiment in weathering #1 [~312kB] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experiment in weathering #1 [~312kB]
From: Alain
Date: 24 Feb 2008 12:56:44
Message: <47c1afdc$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/02/24 09:47:
> This looks like a severely weathered column. However, weathering was applied
> to the individual segments instead of the complete column. As a result, it
> seems to be built up of randomly choosen fragments from already weathered
> columns. A second-hand column as it were.
>
> I am going to see if I can get the first-hand one now...
>
> Thomas

As real columns are made from discreete pieces, and that those are not from
adjacent parts of the same rock, maybe not even from the same quary, the
weatering is often not concistent.
A strong spot in one piece may be next to a weak spot in it's neibour. So, I see
no problem in having disparate weathering patterns from one stone to the next.

--
Alain
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

A Web Page is Female, because it's always getting hit on.